Prof. Michael G. Dyer HomePage
Editorial Board Member, Journals:
Systems Research (Elsevier).
1993-2000: Artificial Life (MIT Press).
1989-present: Applied Intelligence (Kluwer Academic Publ.).
1988-present: Connection Science (Taylor & Francis).
1987-present: Knowledge-Based Systems (Elsevier).
1986-present: International Journal of Expert Systems: Research and Applications (JAI Press, Elsevier).
Member, Conference Program Committees:
- Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Confs. (GECCO), 2000
- 6th Intern. Conf. on Simulation of Adaptive Behavior (SAB2000), 2000
- Fifth Intern. Conf. on Artificial Life (ALIFE V), 1996
- European Conference on Artificial Life (ECAL95), 1995
- Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Confs. (GECCO), 1994
- 9th AAAI National Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, 1993
- First Intern. Conf. on Artificial Intelligence in Design, 1991
- 6th AAAI National Conf. on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI90), 1990
- Second Intern. Conf. on Artificial Intelligence and Law, 1989
- Fourth Annual Conf. on Theoretical Issues in Conceptual Information Processing (TICIP-87), 1987
.- First Intern. Conf. on Artificial Intelligence and Law, 1987.
- 24th Annual Meeting of Association for Computational Linguistics, 1986.
IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics - B; Neural Computation; Transactions on Evolutionary Computation; Trends in Cognitive Sciences; Brain & Cognition; Journal of Cognitive Systems Research; Cognition and Emotion; IEEE Computer; Journal of Adaptive Behavior; Artificial Intelligence; Applied Intelligence; Artificial Life; The Behavioral and Brain Sciences; IEEE Expert; Neural Network Review; Journal of Cognitive Systems Research; Jurimetrics: Journal of Law, Science and Technology; International Journal of Expert Systems: Research & Applications; Cognitive Science; Connection Science; IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation; International Journal of AI in Engineering;Current Directions in Psychological Science; Information Processing and Management; Knowledge Based Systems; Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology; Knowledge-Based Systems; Machine Translation; Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing; Journal of Pragmatics.
- Artificial Life VII, 2000.
- European Conference on Artificial Life (ECAL-97) 1997.
- 3rd European Conf. on Artificial Life (ECAL-95), 1995.
- Intern. Joint Confs. on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), 1995, 1991, 1989, 1987, 1985, 1981.
- Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS-4), 1991.
- Artificial Life II, 1990.
- Annual Meeting of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME-88), 1988.
- National Computer Conference (NCC-85), 1985.
- Annual Confs. of the Cognitive Science Society (CogSci), 1994, 1990, 1986, 1985.
- Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), 1985.
- Annual Confs. of American Association of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI), 1990, 1986.
Reviewer, for NSF:
NSF Division of Social, Behavioral and Economic Research; NSF Division of Design, Manufacturing & Computer Engineering; NSF Knowledge and Database Systems Program, NSF Robotics and Machine Intelligence Program; NSF Computer Systems Architecture; NSF Division of Information, Robotic, and Intelligent Systems; NSF Design Theory & Methodology; NSF Knowledge Models and Cognitive Systems Program; NSF Division of Behavioral and Cognitive Sciences; NSF Division of International Programs; NSF Linguistics Program
U.S. Army Research Office; Microelectronics Innovation and Computer Research Opportunities (MICRO); Australian Research Council; Dutch Research Council; Chapman & Hall; MacMillan; Lawrence Erlbaum Associates; MIT Press; John Wiley & Sons; Random House; Cambridge University Press; Addison Wesley
UCLA Service (Interdisciplinary):
- Faculty Advisory Committee for Jacob Marschak Interdisciplinary Colloquium
on Mathematics in the Behavioral Sciences (1993-present).
- Faculty Advisory Committee to the Director of the Cognitive Science Research Program (an ORP: organized research program; 1989-present).
- CSEOL, Center for the Study of Evolution and the Origin of Life (1988 - present).
- Advisory Committee, Jacob Marschak Colloquium on Mathematics in the Behavioral Sciences (1994-present).
UCLA Service (Computer Science Dept. & School of Engineering and Applied Sciences):
CSD AI Field Chair (1989 - present); CSD By-Law 55 Committee (merit & promotion reviews); CSD Academic Policy Committee; CSD Cybernetics Committee; SEAS Legislative Assembly; SEAS Faculty Executive Committee (FEC).